Friday October 30, 2020
The Utah Governor’s Office of Energy Development, in partnership with the State Energy Offices of Idaho, Colorado, and Montana received funding from the U.S. Department of Energy to facilitate a state-led study of market options in the West. The study includes technical Production Cost Modeling of different market structures and footprints, which will include detailed results for each individual state in the West. The study also includes a Market and Regulatory Review intended to help states evaluate the more qualitative aspects of different organized market configurations. The study is being directed by a “Lead Team” comprised of representatives of all the western states. The panelists shared preliminary study results, answered questions, and collected stakeholder feedback.
- Brooke Tucker, Deputy Director, Utah Governor’s Office of Energy Development
- Caitlin Liotiris, Principal, Energy Strategies
- Keegan Moyer, Principal, Energy Strategies [pdf]
- Letha Tawney, Commissioner, Oregon Public Utility Commission
- Keith Hay, Director of Utility Policy, Colorado Energy Office