The WIEB HLRW Committee held the summer edition of its semi-annual meetings in Omaha, Nebraska, on June 5, 2018. This meeting was held in conjunction with the National Transportation Stakeholder’s Forum Annual Meeting at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Omaha Downtown.
Agenda topics included:
- Update on HLRW Committee activities, including policy paper progress
- Department of Energy (DOE) transportation planning timeline (luncheon presentation)
- DOE Office of Nuclear Energy update
- Briefing on Southern California Edison’s technical expert team’s efforts to remove spent nuclear fuel from the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station site
- Update on Yucca Mountain from the state of Nevada