WIEB & NARUC Webinar Series on Carbon Capture, Storage & Utilization:
The Western Interstate Energy Board and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) are hosting a series of six webinars on carbon capture, storage and utilization. The six webinars are titled:
- The Case for Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage – September 11, 2020
- Breaking It Down: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies – September 18, 2020
- Financial Incentives and Investment Efforts – September 25, 2020
- Project Update Part I: Domestic CCUS Development Efforts – October 2, 2020
- Project Update Part II: International CCUS Development Efforts – October 9, 2020
- Regulatory Considerations and Policy Recommendations – October 16, 2020
The Case for Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage (CCUS):
Friday, September 11, 2020 – 11:00 AM MT (1 Hour)
Increasing numbers of local communities, state governments, and utilities across the Western Interconnection are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and realize clean energy objectives, while maintaining resource adequacy and system reliability. A diverse coalition of CCUS supporters, including the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, environmental groups, labor organizations, innovators, public interest groups and the energy industry, are working to deploy carbon capture technology because they increasingly recognize that CCUS will provide a useful and necessary tool in efforts to reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) concentrations. This webinar will lay the groundwork for this webinar series by providing a summary of clean energy goals, an overview of CCUS and how it can contribute to mitigating climate change.
- Kipp Coddington, School of Energy Resources, University of Wyoming
- Brad Crabtree, Vice President, Carbon Management, Great Plains Institute
- Cecile Conroy, Director of Government Affairs, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
A copy of the slides is available HERE.