WIEB & NARUC Webinar Series on Carbon Capture, Storage & Utilization:
The Western Interstate Energy Board and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) are hosting a series of six webinars on carbon capture, storage and utilization. The six webinars are titled:
- The Case for Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage – September 11, 2020
- Breaking It Down: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies – September 18, 2020
- Financial Incentives and Investment Efforts – September 25, 2020
- Project Update Part I: Domestic CCUS Development Efforts – October 2, 2020
- Project Update Part II: International CCUS Development Efforts – October 9, 2020
- Regulatory Considerations and Policy Recommendations – October 16, 2020
Breaking It Down: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies
Friday, September 18, 2020 – 11:00 AM MT (1 Hour)
Each component of CCUS – i.e., CO2 capture, transportation, and storage/utilization — is pursuing various technology developments to address challenges of scale and economics. This webinar will break down each component to provide an update on the most promising technologies involved in CO2 (e.g., solvents and membranes, as well as different combustion approaches); Utilization (e.g., enhanced oil recovery; advanced materials; polymers and bioplastics; fuels and chemicals; and concrete and building materials) and Storage (geologic siting and Class VI permitting under the Underground Injection Control program). The U.S. Department of Energy’s Carbon Storage Assurance Facility Enterprise (CarbonSAFE) initiative will also be discussed.
- Dr. Holly Krutka, Executive Director, School of Energy Resources, University of Wyoming
- Jason Begger, Wyoming Energy Authority
- Scott Quillinan, Director of Research, School of Energy Resources, University of Wyoming
A copy of the slides is available HERE.