WIEB & NARUC Webinar Series on Carbon Capture, Storage & Utilization:
The Western Interstate Energy Board and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) are hosting a series of six webinars on carbon capture, storage and utilization. The six webinars are titled:
- The Case for Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage – September 11, 2020
- Breaking It Down: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies – September 18, 2020
- Financial Incentives and Investment Efforts – September 25, 2020
- Project Update Part I: Domestic CCUS Development Efforts – October 2, 2020
- Project Update Part II: International CCUS Development Efforts – October 9, 2020
- Regulatory Considerations and Policy Recommendations – October 16, 2020
Financial Incentives and Investment Efforts
Friday, September 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM MT (1 Hour)
Federal and state policies, tax incentives, and investment efforts can provide important incentives to CCUS project development and remove barriers to the deployment of CCUS technology. This webinar will explain the section 45Q and 48A tax incentives and discuss other financial mechanisms, such as private activity bonds, master limited partnerships and opportunity zones, currently in place to govern and promote CCUS activities and deployment.
- Michael Nasi, Partner, Jackson Walker LLP
- Shannon Angielski, Executive Director, Carbon Utilization Research Council
A copy of the slides is available HERE.