WIEB & NARUC Webinar Series on Carbon Capture, Storage & Utilization:
The Western Interstate Energy Board and the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) are hosting a series of six webinars on carbon capture, storage and utilization. The six webinars are titled:
1. The Case for Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage – September 11, 2020
2. Breaking It Down: Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Technologies – September 18, 2020
3. Financial Incentives and Investment Efforts – September 25, 2020
4. Project Update Part I: Domestic CCUS Development Efforts – October 2, 2020
5. Project Update Part II: International CCUS Development Efforts – October 9, 2020
6. Regulatory Considerations and Policy Recommendations – October 16, 2020
Regulatory Considerations and Policy Recommendations
Friday, October 16, 2020 at 11:00 AM MT (1 Hour)
Recognizing the ability of CCS projects to contribute significantly to efforts to mitigate climate change—and in light of increasing local, state, and utility efforts to reduce GHG emissions within a meaningful timeframe—this webinar will discuss important regulatory considerations and identify a range of policy recommendations that states can consider to ensure they are carbon capture ready.
• Doug Scott, Vice President, Electricity and Efficiency, Great Plains Institute
• Kara Fornstrom, Chairman, Wyoming Public Service Commission
A copy of the slides is available HERE.