Friday November 6, 2020
The WIRED Initiative is a collaborative effort of the Center for the New Energy Economy (CNEE), the Western Electric Industry Leaders (WEIL) Group, and many of the western governors’ energy policy advisors. Under the leadership of former Colorado Governor Bill Ritter, Jr., the participants have met over the course of 2020 to develop recommendations to western governors on three interrelated topics: (1) Resource Adequacy; (2) Transmission Planning; and (3) Greenhouse Gas Accounting & State Clean Energy Standards. The leaders of the WIRED Initiative discussed their progress and answer questions for the audience.
- Bill Ritter, Jr., Former Governor of Colorado and Director, Center for the New Energy Economy [pdf]
- Jim Shetler, General Manager, Balancing Authority of Northern California and Steering Committee Member, Western Electric Industry Leaders
- David Bobzien, Director, Nevada Governor’s Office of Energy
- Sarah Cottrell Propst, Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department
- Kristen Sheeran, Energy and Climate Change Policy Advisor to Oregon Governor Kate Brown
- Lauren McCloy, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Washington Governor Jay Inslee